Monday, April 15, 2013

nail polish.....

I am sure you are wondering what nail polish has to do with preschool. 

Well if you had asked me a few weeks ago I would had said nothing. However now I see it as a pointing devise.

I realized last week, while my nails were red, that if I pointed to pictures in a book, or a work sample, my students- those that have a hard time focusing- would actually look at what I was showing them. Today we read the same books (from last week) but my nails had no color (I had peeled the color already) and my kiddos were distracted again.

So today I got my nails painted teal. No, is not a color that I would choose, even thought I know is a very popular color right now. It is for sure completely out of my comfort zone. 

Tomorrow I will experiment and see how my kiddos react (my boys at home loved them). So I will write a follow up post and see how it turns out.


I had tried other things, lights, pointers, stickers, but the red nail polish worked the best. Hopefully all the nail polish colors will work and I can finally step out of my box and have the colors I have always been afraid to tried. Now I wonder....could I write going to the nail salon of in my taxes?! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks visiting my blog, hopefully you found something you like!!!