Saturday, January 31, 2015

End of January...

wow January is over. This was a very busy month!!!! Between having a rash in the class and having half of my kiddos get sick with differed stages of the flu. We sure were busy during the month! But I cannot believe is over already, I hope this is NOT an indication of how fast the year will go!

Yesterday we finished the winter theme and I even had time to change the whole class for our next theme; Friendship. Which really we do all things Valentines but called it friendship lol.

But here are some picture of what we did this month.

We worked on sizes big, medium, and small and colors identification. I love how each snowmen looks different.


Following directions, I had a kid put glue on the hat and then flipped in into the art tray, the directions where squish glue on your hat, haha then of course use the glitter and shake it an all that.
We talked about cold weather and wearing hats to keep our heads warm.


Bad picture but we made snow globes, they came out super cute. The kid did need more help as the pieces were smaller than normal but it was good practice for using their pincers.


This one is one of my favorite activities, the name snowmen, I like it so much we may do the same with hearts for February. Anyway, we practiced the letters of our names and identifying which one is our name, as well as following directions and the order of the letters. 


Hot coco mugs, they each got to choose the color and take one cotton ball and made it into small pieces, it was more of a fine motor activity with the cotton ball, some didn't even want to touch it due to the texture of it, but we all worked through it.


We worked on patterns with those amazing Target $1 bin dot stickers, they were great for the activity. Some kids did ABAB some did ABCABC patterns, all my kiddos are at different level so for some I have them the sticker sheet and let them work, others we did one by one, and others hand over hand.

We also did the snowmen and we worked on following steps, first the hat, then the eyes, the scarf, etc..


The 28th we watched Frozen, or part of it, I was amazed how many of them sat and watched it. I am glad they enjoyed it.


I avoided going to the playground because it is a long walk and it had been so so so cold, and I didn't want anyone getting sick, including the staff (well everyone got sick either way), but we went once and we walked through the grass which was so wet, my shoes got so wet and so did my socks. I was lucky to have an extra pair of socks in my bag and I walked around the class/school like this the rest of the day, well until I had to go to the initial IEP, then I had to wear my shoes. 


I changed the back of my desk. Honestly I felt overwhelmed with the dots and all the pictures, and I LOVE it this way. Totally going to add one more row lol. And yes my JT poster is still on the white board, cant help it.


So that was the end of the month. Friday we did make this super cute melted snowmen. If I remember I will take a picture and post it, is so cute. 
I will try to post more often, I take pictures every week and tell myself I will blog on Friday but then Friday comes and goes and here we are. 
Hope everyone had a GREAT January. I am looking forward to a new month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks visiting my blog, hopefully you found something you like!!!